ChinaCom 2012 Call For Workshop Proposals
The Chinacom 2012 will be held in Kunming, China, Aug.8-10,2012.
Proposals for workshops are invited for consideration of Chinacom2012. The purpose of these workshops is to provide a platform for presenting original and fundamental advances in the field of Communications, Networks, and Internet Applications. As such, they also offer a good opportunity for young researchers to present their work and to obtain feedback from an interested community. The conference will consist of technical symposia, panels, tutorials, and workshops. The workshops should emphasize current topics of particular interest. Workshops are typically full day events, although half day workshops may be appropriate in special cases. Note: Workshops should be focused in scope and not duplicate the topics of the regular Chinacom symposia!
Please send workshop proposals in PDF format by December 31, 2011 to the workshops co-chairs. Notification of acceptance will be sent by January 31, 2012. Successful proposals are expected to have their web sites online and linked to the main web site of Chinacom 2012 by February 29, 2012. Note that the dates for Chinacom 2011 are Aug. 8-10, 2011. Workshops will most likely be held on either Aug. 7 or Aug. 11.
Workshops Proposals are solicited in all areas and topics pertaining to communication, networks and Internet Applications. Workshops addressing emerging research directions in these areas are highly welcome.
Each workshop proposal must include:
- The name of the workshop.
- A statement of goals for the workshop.
- The names and addresses of the organizers.
- The names of potential participants, such as program committee members.
- A description of the plans for call for participation (e.g., call for papers).
- The expected number of attendees and the planned length of the workshop.
- A description of the plans for publicity.
- An explanation of any plans for a proceedings.
- A description of past versions of the workshop, including dates, organizers, submission and acceptance counts, attendance, sites, registration fees and summary budget information.
- The URL of the workshop web site.
- Mugen Peng, Beijing Uni. of Post & Telecom., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ming Chen, Southeast University, email@example.com
Important dates for workshops:
- Workshop Paper submission: April 15, 2012
- Workshop Paper Notification: May 15, 2012
- Workshop Paper Camera-ready: June 22, 2012
- Workshop date: August 7, 2012
Any further information needed for preparing a workshop proposal can be obtained by sending email to the committee member or consulting the ChinaCom 2012 web site at http://www.chinacom.org.